clothesFREE

This forum is obsoleted, please join our community instead.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our Facebook Page being unpublished, Group also got the same nudity policies. Let's try out MeWe

#1 2013-12-13 23:02:10

gofree
Founder of clothesFREE

Mormon Woman Bare

Katrina Barker Anderson is a photographer, mother, and unabashed feminist. She is passionate about women's issues, Katrina has a BA in Communications from Brigham Young University and lives in Salt Lake City with her husband Jared and their children.

"When I set out to do this project (Mormon Woman Bare), I knew I was asking a lot of the women who would be a part of it. It is incredibly brave to be so vulnerable in front of another person, especially when that person holds a camera that will share the image of your body with the world. I have been humbled and awed by the women in this series. They are remarkable in countless ways. I felt as a Mormon woman myself, I needed to show them that I have that same courage, so I turned the camera around."

auHv4SBUE.jpg
The Artist of Mormon Woman Bare, Katrina

"Thanks mostly to excellent parenting, I grew up with a fairly healthy body image and sense of self. But as an adult woman, I have struggled with feeling like my body was not entirely my own– it belonged to my husband, to my children, and ultimately, to my God more than it did to me. It has taken a drastic change in perspective for me to reclaim my own body for myself. It is not perfect by the standards of beauty magazines and runways. Like many of us, I should move more often and eat less sugar. But it is strong. It has birthed two babies without drugs. It experiences pleasure and pain. It is soft and firm. It has scars and stretch marks. And it is beautiful. And it is mine."

1CMzSzFZx.jpgSroiipdX9.jpg
Ann

eNxmnSVxa.jpgUbQom4NYE.jpg
Genevieve

wGs2vGVzp.jpgWdRGorF41.jpg
Grace

s27gUhXsx.jpgQh6EL5jrg.jpg
Janeanne

RLyTafdM6.jpgO4tuKcHi6.jpg
Kara

cdzHjrpPk.jpgqkASZ67ZP.jpg
Katie

rtO75JFVS.jpgilaXiLNFH.jpg
Drea

P5O3j14iJ.jpgOH7ZGDNJp.jpg
Renee

hzhw76M01.jpgJRPzjfrEz.jpg
Monica

XTR5INS28.jpgxY6mP7M6r.jpg
Amanda

m8I3HVe55.jpgWLcj3fknU.jpg
Kathy

gDG0OxFfO.jpgBcgXR6Jbv.jpg
Macy

#2 2013-12-15 23:25:07

gofree
Founder of clothesFREE

Re: Mormon Woman Bare

Katrina has another project called At Mother's Breast - photographing the beauty and normalcy of breastfeeding.

i0L08PqNA.jpg
Katrina, Asher and Miriam

"Breastfeeding is beautiful, natural, and normal. That is what I set out to capture on this photographic journey. I want to show real moms feeding their babies. I want more people to be exposed to how natural and normal breastfeeding can be. I think that part of why so many moms struggle to breastfeed is that they don't often see other women breastfeeding."

LADp5XLBY.jpg
The Artist of At Mother's Breast, Katrina (taken by Timbra Wiist)

"We learn from watching. I hope this collection of photographs will inspire more women to nurse their babies and to feel comfortable doing it anywhere. And I hope it will inspire all of us to give more support to breastfeeding moms. They need it!"

GLhdTw6GQ.jpg
Bire

qjARYga3R.jpg
Renee

lVYFwOjVd.jpg
Rachel

SblZlku8o.jpg
Heidi

imsVfmcNC.jpg
Ann

hoBcR0YP8.jpg
Meg