clothesFREE

This forum is obsoleted, please join our community instead.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our Facebook Page being unpublished, Group also got the same nudity policies. Let's try out MeWe

#1 2018-05-27 17:39:10

gofree
Founder of clothesFREE

Nude Awakening

Mum-of-four, Deborah, regularly walks around naked in front of her kids - including her 15-year-old daughter - as she reckons it teaches them to be proud of their bodies.  The former teacher and head of department cooks, cleans and has even opened the front door in the buff.  She said she is committed to letting son Felix 21, and daughters Ella, 15, Issy, 11 and Amelia, four, see her "wobbly bits" to ensure they grow up comfortable in their own skin - even if they find it embarrassing.

7kmwChoX3.jpg

"I saw firsthand the devastating effect poor body image and low self-esteem had on boys and girls at school," she explained.  "Many kids are ashamed of their bodies because they are not 'model perfect', and the impact of social media means many of our young people today have ridiculous expectations of body perfection.  "If a parent is too ashamed of their own body to walk around naked, then they should expect their child to end up with possible body issues and low self-esteem."  She admitted her daughters find it mortifying when their friends come over to the house and has walked in on a lounge full of kids while starkers on the odd occasion.

0v5utWqJj.jpg

Deborah told how she has always been open with her body, which is currently a size 16.  "In between leaving the shower and getting to the towel, I will be picking up toys, helping with homework, making myself a cuppa and occasionally opening the door," she said.  "I get so hot and bothered cleaning, so I'll hoover, sweep, do the washing, clean the kitchen and tidy the bedroom naked.  Deborah reckons her "naked mummy" policy has worked as all her kids have a very positive body image and aren't shy about asking awkward questions.

08aAGrrhe.jpg

Dr. Rebecca Chicot, co-founder of Essential Parent and author of The Calm and Happy Toddler, says research proves there's no harm in parents being nude.  An 18-year study of a child’s exposure to nudity by their parents found no harmful main affects.  The UCLA Family Lifestyles Project concluded that 'pervasive beliefs in the harmfulness of nudity around children are exaggerated'.  While there is no nationally agreed cut-off time for parental nudity you should listen to what your children say as they get older about their bodies and their preference for privacy.

6x4PJRDPU.jpg

Milli Hill, author of The Positive Birth Book and expert at The Baby Show, reckons it's about striking the right balance.  We do model body image, self esteem and confidence to our children, and I think that being naked around them is a great way of normalising the human body and letting them see 'real' bodies in an age when many media images are so airbrushed and fake. "It's also really important to watch our words in front of our children and to try to make sure we are not constantly saying negative things about our own bodies in front of them.

2018.02.28 The Sun

Last edited by gofree (2018-05-27 17:41:22)

Board footer

Contact Us | Disclaimer | No Privacy Policy
since 2006 clothesFREE powered by Fluxbb