clothesFREE

This forum is obsoleted, please join our community instead.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our Facebook Page being unpublished, Group also got the same nudity policies. Let's try out MeWe

#1 2010-05-03 15:24:12

gofree
Founder of clothesFREE

Topfree Equality March in Maine

WhenAndrea Simoneau was seven years old, she took her shirt off because she was hot. Her father came outside and told her she could not do that in public. When she asked why, he said, "I think its really stupid, but the rest of the world thinks that girls should not go shirtless."

bEaI1La1v.jpg

That memory stuck with Andrea, and when she marched topfree with Ty MacDowell and others in Portland, Maine, a few weeks ago, she was inspired to take action.

uZQnQX1OU.jpg

At 1 PM on Friday, April 30, Andrea Simoneau and a crowd of both men and women will exercise their topfree rights in Farmington, Maine. Themarch will begin at Meetinghouse Park on Main Street and will go about a half mile to Abbott Park.

pzErV4ij3.jpg

"If we're protesting anything, its that societal double standard of women's chests being considered sexual, no matter what context they are presented in, and men's chests are only sexual in certain context", said Andrea.

E7uYUl06I.jpg

Andrea understands the wide societal ramifications of women's topfreedom. She says, "it saddens me greatly that nursing mothers are particularly discriminated against in this matter. I encourage nursing mothers particularly, as well as breast cancer survivors and those who have been victims of sexual assault to come out and experience the empowerment and freedom of going topless in town."

Board footer

Contact Us | Disclaimer | No Privacy Policy
since 2006 clothesFREE powered by Fluxbb